Even though organizing successful seminars is a skill that can be honed over time, many financial professionals find it is not an easy task to put together an event that will be both effective and informative for the clients as well as profitable for them.
The following are some common reasons why financial seminars may not be as successful as they can be:
- While a seminar’s main goal is to sell, it needs to be informative to help acquire potential new clients. Whatever marketing or sales technique is utilized, it needs to be mastered and followed. Seminars are ideal to help establish a personal relationship with the clients, talk to them before and after the event to build a rapport. Failure to use the time efficiently will lead to the failure of even well attended events.
- One of the most common reasons for the failure of a financial seminar event is the failure to fill the room with qualified prospects. If the invitations are mailed out to a broad unspecific audience of unverified addresses, attendees who will show up at the event (if they show up) will most likely not be qualified prospects. At Resource Solutions, we help financial advisors chose the right lists and target very specific prospects with the mailing.
- A seminar is not a place for an advisor to be shy about asking for appointments. Appointment forms, specified time during the presentation allotted for asking to schedule a consultation and limited time discount offers are all tried and true methods to schedule appointments during the event.
- A bad presentation can sink a seminar, even well attended events. Advisors need to be selective in choosing a topic that is both timely and interesting. Not knowing the presentation very well and the failure to use basic public speaking techniques can lead to a seminar’s inevitable failure.
- Poor follow-up will almost always render a successful seminar pointless. Immediate diligent follow-up from disciplined trained staffers or even you the advisor can assist in solidifying a relationship; helping to push potentially doubting prospects to become future clients.
Would you like to learn more about the focused and refined products as well as informative services we offer that can help you avoid these and other mistakes that could cost you money? Call us today.